OK This Website uses cookies for optimisation. By continuing, you agree to the use of cookies. Read more about data protection
?>

NEWS

 
01.08.2021
Vom Grabmal zum Kulturdenkmal
Rundgang über den Jüdischen Friedhof Altona
22.07.2021
Zollbarkasse „Präsident Schaefer“ gefördert
 

Spendenkonto

Hamburger Sparkasse

IBAN: DE46 2005 0550 1501 6592 11

BIC: HASPDEHHXXX



   

 
 

CHANCELLOR’S HOUSE HARBURG

Neue Strasse 59, Hamburg-Harburg

After the Harburg Castle, the house at Neue Strasse 59 is the second most important historical building in the Harburg borough of the city. From 1642, Harburg and its environs were administered from here by a chancellor appointed by the dukes of Braunschweig-Lüneburg. In 1710, a new representative half-timbered structure was built above the old vaulted cellar. The house was constructed as a two-storied timber-framed house with a Baroque hipped roof. The half-timbering is simple without embellishing stonework. In a later renovation around 1780, a grand classical staircase was added, which is extremely rare in Hamburg. 

The house is used by the association Women’s Cultural House Harburg (Frauenkulturhaus Harburg e.V.), which offers cultural and educational events at the venue, organises a girls’ group and runs the gallery “Kunsthafen 59”.

 
 
© 2021 Stiftung Denkmalpflege Hamburg, Dragonerstall 13, 20355 Hamburg