OK This Website uses cookies for optimisation. By continuing, you agree to the use of cookies. Read more about data protection
?>

NEWS

 
21.01.2021
Publikation über Reformwohnungsbau der 1920er Jahre gefördert
20.01.2021
Gewächshaus gefördert
 

Spendenkonto

Berenberg Bank

IBAN: DE35 2012 0000 0054 5030 24

BIC: BEGODEHH

   

 
 

CHANCELLOR’S HOUSE HARBURG

Neue Strasse 59, Hamburg-Harburg

After the Harburg Castle, the house at Neue Strasse 59 is the second most important historical building in the Harburg borough of the city. From 1642, Harburg and its environs were administered from here by a chancellor appointed by the dukes of Braunschweig-Lüneburg. In 1710, a new representative half-timbered structure was built above the old vaulted cellar. The house was constructed as a two-storied timber-framed house with a Baroque hipped roof. The half-timbering is simple without embellishing stonework. In a later renovation around 1780, a grand classical staircase was added, which is extremely rare in Hamburg. 

The house is used by the association Women’s Cultural House Harburg (Frauenkulturhaus Harburg e.V.), which offers cultural and educational events at the venue, organises a girls’ group and runs the gallery “Kunsthafen 59”.

 
 
© 2021 Stiftung Denkmalpflege Hamburg, Dragonerstall 13, 20355 Hamburg